Despite warnings from state lawmakers and the US Customs and Border Protection, militia groups along the Texas-Mexico border have now grown to more than 10 active teams. The groups made up of members from the Oathkeepers, Three Percenters, and Patriots, began organizing their efforts from El Paso to Laredo to the Valley a little over a month ago.
Related: What it a Militia?
These photos obtained by the San Antonio Express-News show the militia members sporting camouflage and tactical gear, while carrying weapons and wearing masks. In order to protect the identity of the militia members from the cartels, their faces have been blurred out.
Texas Governor Rick Perry has declined to comment on the actions of the militias, but Democratic State Senator Leticia Van de Putte used the situation as an opportunity to make rhetorical statements about the “children” coming over, and to demonize her opponent Senator Dan Patrick, who she is currently running against for lieutenant governor:
“Pointing guns at children solves nothing. Local law enforcement and federal Border Patrol agents have been clear. The presence of these outside independent militia groups does nothing to secure the border; it only creates an unsafe situation for law enforcement officials that are protecting our communities.”
Chris Davis commands the militia’s Operation known as “Secure Our Border,” and can be seen in some of the photos. He says that any actions the members take would be in a “legal and lawful manner.” Davis said in an interview that if militias see an illegal, that they should “point [their] gun dead at him, right between his eyes, and you say, ‘Get back across the border or you will be shot.’”
Do you agree with the efforts these militias are taking to secure our border? With our government refusing to do anything about the influx of illegals pouring across our borders along with cartel members, diseases, and possible terrorists, I support these groups 100%.
- Obama’s $3.7B Border Funding: 4 Times As Much to House Illegals as to Secure Border
- DHS Takes Millions From FEMA, Coast Guard, TSA To Fund Border Operations
- California Town Won’t Welcome Illegals Without A Fight
- Border Patrol Official: DHS Ordered Illegal Immigrant Holding Facility ‘Cleared Out’ Before Congressional Visit
- Texas Democrat Reveals Angry Call He Received from White House
- Militia Groups Prepare to Face off Against Federal Government over Border Crisis
- Leaked Border Report: Entire World Exploiting U.S. Border
- Pro-Amnesty Crowd Burns American Flag On 4th of July
- Timeline: Border Surge Began a Few Months After Obama’s First Executive Action on Immigration
- White House Preparing For Increase In Illegals ‘As Weather Cools’
- U.S. Congressman Denied Entry to Immigration Facility in His Home State
- 400 Law Enforcement Officers Training in Alabama to Deal with Militias