Unethical Senator Harry Reid
Senator Harry Reid, Democrat from Nevada, has has numerous unethical activities during his stint as Senator and as the Senate Majority leader for the Democrats. (Who is Senator Reid?)
Its no secret that many powerful politicians use their position for personal financial gain, unethical issues, and sometimes illegal activities. Just a few years ago, John Edwards, a powerful Democratic Senator and Presidential candidate was charged with multiple felony violations of campaign contribution laws. The list of other politicians committing illegal and/or unethical violations would be a long one.
Why? With Absolute Power corrupts absolutely.
Senior politicians have lots of power. And Reid has Absolute Power. He is untouchable. He has Obama to protect him as well as other powerful Senate members and the US Attorney General, Eric Holder (see Holder’s scandals).
In John Edwards ‘s trial (the Presidential candidate), all charges were dropped even though there was irrefutable evidence he committed the crimes. He was a powerful Democrat with a powerful Senator’s support (Reid) along with a Democratic President and a Democratic Attorney General.
Now back to Reid.
I think the confrontation last month in Nevada between Cliven Bundy, a cattle ranchers, and the now infamous Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has put the spot light on Reid.
As you can see from this video and the ones below, more focus has now been placed on the activities of the Senator. He’s also been called a “school yard bully” for the way the he’s treated the American people, Republican Congressman, and the Tea Party.
Here are some of the issues and bullying that Reid has committed:
- Attempting to run a Nevada rancher off his land using the BLM for Chinese solar panels
- Called the Nevada rancher a “domestic terrorist“
- Numerous insults at the Tea Party: Anarchist and Terrorist
- Huge Obamacare support even though a majority of Nevadans don’t support it
- Many verbal attacks against the conservative billionaire Koch Brothers
- Using taxpayer funded Twitter account (see Talking Points) for political attacks against the Kocks (which is illegal)
- Used campaign fund money to pay for gifts to his granddaughter (illegal)
- Sold Nevada land to the Chinese for 10% of its appraised value (a 90% discount) for a solar panel business
- In 2006 in the same area where Bundy lives, Reid made changes to Federal EPA laws so a friend could develop land in an area called Coyote Springs. This land was protected and off limits to anyone. He also had the BLM remove endangered turtles from the area so his friend, Harvey Whittemore, could develop 10,000 acres in to homes and golf courses. (more details)
There are many more unethical activities by Reid. You can find more details from Discover The Networks.
How does Reid continue to keep his job? He’s not going to be prosecuted by the Attorney General (i.e. the Dept of Justice) because of Obama and Eric Holder. The Republicans might eventual do an investigation but little will come of it.
I think most people aren’t aware of these issues. And its most important for voters in Nevada to be aware his behavior and vote him out of office…or even do a special election to remove him. I hope the great State of Nevada wakes up to his bad behavior, his bullying, and using his position for personal gain for himself, his family, and his close friends.