US Ambassor Christopher Stevens killed in Lybia

Benghazi: White House emails show they knew it was terrorist attack

Benghazi: White House emails show they knew it was terrorist attack

Emails recently obtained from the White House clearly show they knew the attacks on our Embassy in Benghazi was a terrorist attack. But they intentionally used the cover-up of an anti-Muslim video to blame the reason for the attack.

US Ambassor Christopher Stevens killed in Lybia
Stevens killed in Libya

In that attack four Americans including our Ambassador Chris Stevens were killed.  (See full story)

These newly released emails also show that on Sept. 27, 2012, two weeks after the attack, a Fox News report titled “US officials knew Libya attack was terrorism within 24 hours, sources confirm” — was circulated at the most senior levels of the administration.  Included on this email was the then CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell.

Why is this important?

Morell originally testified before Congress saying the CIA did NOT say the anti-Muslim video caused the attacks.  Instead, the CIA said it was a planned, coordinated attack by terrorist.  Those terrorist, by the way, claimed responsibility for the attack DURING the attack.

At that time, Morell said the State Dept run by Hilary Clinton, changed the CIA’s Talking Points Memo. The CIA version said it was a terrorist attack.  The version released to the public said it was because of an anti-Muslim video.

Early this month Morell testified again in front of Congress changing his story saying that: it could have been a terrorist attack or a riot turned violent. Why did he change his story? To protect Hillary Clinton.  (See full story)

Three leading Republicans on Monday night sent letters to the House and Senate foreign affairs committees asking them to compel the Administration (the White House) to explain who briefed Susan Rice in advance of the Sunday talk shows and whether State Department or White House personnel were involved.

How could former Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, during the five Sunday talk shows on September 16, 2012, claim that the attacks on our compounds were caused by a hateful video when Mr. Morell testified that the CIA never mentioned the video as a causal factor,” said the letter, from Sens. Lindsey Graham, of South Carolina; Kelly Ayotte, of New Hampshire; and John McCain, of Arizona.

More than 100 pages of documents were released to the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit. Among them was a Sept. 14, 2012 (three days after the attack), email from Ben Rhodes, an assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for strategic communications.

See actual email:  FoxNews

The Rhodes email, with the subject line: “RE: PREP Call with Susan: Saturday at 4:00 pm ET,” was sent to a dozen members of the administration’s inner circle, including key members of the White House communications team such as Press Secretary Jay Carney.

In the email, Rhodes specifically draws attention to the anti-Islam Internet video.  There was no discussions about a terrorist attack.  Even though the CIA had already said it was a terrorist attack.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the documents read like a PR strategy, not an effort to provide the best available intelligence to the American people.

The goal of the White House was to do one thing primarily, which was to make the president look good. Blame it on the video and not [the] president’s policies,” he said.

Why would the White House want to cover this up as a terrorist attack?  It would definitely make the President look bad.  And he was running for re-election and could not afford to lose votes over this in such a tight election.

Now, at this point it doesn’t matter.

He’s been re-elected. We now know the White House was involved in lying to the public about the attacks.  We know the State Dept lied.  We know that 4 Americans died because our government would not give them the protection they needed even after many months of pleading.  The intel they were getting said they were going to be attacked.  They were.  They died.

They died while the White House, State Dept, and CIA watched the live video feed from a US drone overhead capturing the entire event. And did nothing. Even though that had troops ready to go and fight.

See: The Complete Recap on the Benghazi Attacks

Source: FoxNews

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *